Contraception: An Australian clinical practice handbook - 4th edition (Hardcopy)
CONTRACEPTION: An Australian clinical practice handbook is co-authored by medical experts from Family Planning NSW, Family Planning Victoria and True Relationships and Reproductive Health. The Handbook, now in its fourth edition, provides up to date, accurate information on all available contraceptive methods and related clinical practice for health-care professionals. The content is based on extensive research, review and critical analysis of the most recent evidence-based literature and research.
This Handbook is intended to facilitate the best-practice delivery of contraceptive services through the provision of concise and currently referenced information.
In this edition:
- The first chapter provides a practical overview of the contraceptive consultation as well as an introduction to clinical practice concepts including contraceptive effectiveness and Quick Start initiation
- Subsequent chapters address individual contraceptive methods with summary tables on method initiation and method switching as well as a chapter on contraception in special circumstances.
- Updated UK Medical Eligibility Criteria (UKMEC) Tables are provided for relevant chapters with an easily accessible summary table at the end of the book
- The Contraceptive Consultation
- Intrauterine Devices
- Etonogestrel Implants
- Depot Medroxyprogesterone Acetate
- Combined Hormonal Contraceptives
- Progestogen-Only Pills
- Emergency Contraception
- Barrier Methods
- Fertility Awareness Methods, Lactational Amenorrhoea Method and Withdrawal Method
- Permanent Contraceptive Methods
- Contraception in Special Circumstances
- UK Medical Eligibility Criteria Summary Tables & Switching or Starting Methods of Contraception
You might also be interested in Reproductive and Sexual Health: An Australian Clinical Practice Handbook 3rd Edition - or buy both handbooks together and save $10.